he completed composition studies with Prof. Sławomir Kaczorowski and Krzysztof Knittel at the G. and K. Bacewicz Academy of Music in Łódź. I am a member of the Polish Composers’ Union (ZKP), the International Society for Contemporary Music (ISCM) – Polish Section, and the Polish Society of Authors and Composers (ZAiKS).
He has received the following awards and distinctions for my compositions:
- 2002 – honourable mention in the 44th T. Baird Competition for Composers;
- 2005 – 3rd prize in the Silesian Rostrum of Composers;
- 2005 - 2nd prize and honourable mention in the 46th T. Baird Competition for Composers;
- 2006 – 4th prize in the 10th International K. Serocki Competition for Composers;
- 2006 – 3rd prize in the 2nd International G. Bacewicz Competition for Composers;
- 2006 – 2nd prize in the Kosciuszko Foundation Competition for Composers in New York;
- 2006 – scholarship from ZAiKS Polish Society of Authors and Composers
- 2008 - 2nd prize in the International Competition for Composers for the Franz Josef Reinl-Preis in Vienna;
- 2008 - 2nd prize in the ‘Probaltica’ Competition for Composers;
- 2008 – 1st and 3rd prizes as well as three honourable mentions in the Competition for a Military March for Brass Orchestra organised by the Ministry of National Defence, Department of Culture;
- 2008 - scholarship from ZAiKS Polish Society of Authors and Composers;
- 2009 – nomination for the ‘Opus’ Public Media Award
- 2009 - 2nd prize in the 3rd International G. Bacewicz Competition for Composers;
-2009– Gorget of the President of the Republic of Poland Lech Kaczyński for artistic and creative work for the Republic of Poland;
- 2010 - scholarship from ZAiKS Polish Society of Authors and Composers;
- 2010 - nomination for the ‘Opus’ Public Media Award;
- 2012 – 3rd prize in the 4th International G. Bacewicz Competition for Composers.
His compositions have been performed in concert and at numerous festivals, e.g.: Musica Polonica Nova, Musica Moderna, The Silesian Rostrum of Composers, Świętokrzyskie Music Days, Generations, Warsaw Music Encounters, Composers’ Portraits, Polish Composers’, Union concert cycle - ‘The Seasons’, International Festival of Organ and Chamber Music in Leżajsk, ‘Wednesday’s Child - Hope for Haiti’ Charity Gala concert,
as well as concerts in Belgium, Austria, the Netherlands, Germany and the United States.
His music has also been broadcast on the Polish state television (TVP), Polish Radio and WRC–Radio New York.
The performers have included: Polish Radio Orchestra, Warsaw Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra, Oskar Kolberg Philharmonic Orchestra in Kielce, Łódź Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra, Sinfonia Iuventus, Multicamerata, Kwartludium, Royal String Quartet, Tonkünstler-Ensemble, Verdehr Trio, Spectra Ensemble, Unplugged Orchestra, and soloists such as: Dorota Szczepańska, Anna Mikołajczyk, Jacek Delong, Paweł Gusnar, Tytus Wojnowicz.
In 2011 he was commissioned by the Warsaw Centre for Cultural Education (SCEK) to prepare a project for secondary music schools.
In 2012, the Minister of Culture and National Heritage commissioned him to write a new work as part of the programme entitled ‘Collections - priority: Composer Commissions’.
He takes part in seminars and lectures dedicated to my works. Articles about his music have been printed in such periodicals as ‘Ruch Muzyczny’ and ‘Kultura i Biznes’, as well as academic publications, e.g. Jacek Delong’s Performance Practice in Contemporary Saxophone Music (which contains analyses of his compositions)